E-mail MeMatthew J. Marcus Esq.
Matthew J. Marcus is a partner with Colucci, Colucci, Marcus & Flavin, P.C., in Milton, Massachusetts and concentrates in estate planning and elder law.
He was a member of the board of directors of the Massachusetts chapter of the National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys for eight years (1999-2006) and served as the co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s Elder Law Committee. Mr. Marcus is the lead attorney with BOC Life Solutions, an estate and financial planning company owned by the Bank of Canton.
Mr. Marcus is also the coordinator of a monthly meeting of a self-advocacy group for adults with developmental disabilities in Boston. He was the co-chair of the 1999 New England Elder Law Symposium and has served on the faculty for MCLE programs, Suffolk University Law School's Elder Law Institute, and the New England Elder Law Symposium. He has written articles on estate planning, guardianships, and planning for families with disabled children for Estate Planning magazine, ALI/ABA's Practical Lawyer, MCLE, Massachusetts Lawyers Weekly, Massachusetts Family Law Journal, Life and Health Advisor magazine, and ABA newsletters.
He was selected as a "Super Lawyer" for 2006 - 2013, a list chosen by Massachusetts attorneys of the top 5 percent of Massachusetts attorneys, published annually in Boston magazine.
Mr. Marcus is a graduate of Boston University, Suffolk University Law School, and holds a L.L.M. in taxation from Boston University School of Law. (October 2009).
Areas of Practice
- Estate Planning
- Elder Law
- Mental Health Law
- Disability Law
- Boston University School of Law, Boston, Massachusetts
- LL.M. - October, 2009
- Major: Taxation
- Suffolk University Law School, Boston, Massachusetts
- Boston University
Honors and Awards
- "Super Lawyer", 2006 - 2013
- Top 5 percent of Massachusetts Attorneys, Published by Boston Magazine
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Massachusetts Chapter, National Academy of Elder Law Attorneys, Member, Board of Directors, 1999 - 2006
- Boston Bar Association, Co-Chair, Elder Law Committee
- United Cerebral Palsy Association of Metro Boston, Past Member, Board of Director
- New England Elder Law Symposium, Co-Chair, 1999