Massachusetts Probate Court Lawyers
In the process known as estate administration (also called probate), the financial affairs of a decedent are wrapped up, and the estate's assets are distributed according to the provisions of the will. If there is no will, then the assets are distributed according to the laws of intestacy.
Many people have the belief that estate administration is a complicated, costly and lengthy process. It certainly requires a great deal of effort, but most or all of the tasks can be handled by a lawyer.
At Colucci Colucci Marcus & Flavin, PC, we provide a complete range of estate administration services for the executor/executrix or administrator/administratrix of an estate. Our knowledge and experience enables us to quickly resolve any problems, and to move the process forward as efficiently as possible.
For a consultation about an estate administration case, contact our firm.
Colucci Colucci Marcus & Flavin, PC can provide complete, turnkey probate services or assist the executor/executrix to the degree he or she needs.
- Advise the executor/executrix of his or her duties
- Prepare and file the petition for the appointment of the executor/executrix
- Notify the creditors and heirs of the estate
- Assist the executor/executrix in marshaling the estate's assets
- Assist in obtaining any needed appraisals
- Assist the executor/executrix in the distribution of the estate's assets according to the provisions of the will
- Prepare the estate tax return
- Prepare and file a final accounting with the court
If there is no will, we can provide the same services to the administrator/administratrix of the estate.
Our goal will be to complete the estate administration process as quickly, efficiently and economically as possible.
If you wish to avoid the costs and delays associated with the probate process, our firm can create a living trust or other legal vehicles which can transfer your property to your loved ones according to your wishes.
Contact a Boston Estate Administration Attorney
For a consultation with Colucci Colucci Marcus & Flavin, PC, contact our firm.