You should never have to worry about whether or not you will be safe when you go onto another person’s property. Whether you go to the store to buy groceries, to the bank to cash a check, or to the local park, property owners and operators have a duty to ensure the safety of their guests. At Colucci, Colucci & Marcus, P.C., we are here to help when you need a Boston, MA, slip and fall attorney. We will investigate your case in order to secure the compensation you need.
How Do Slip and Fall Accidents Occur in Boston?
Slip and fall accidents are not uncommon in and around the Boston area. According to data provided by the National Flooring Safety Institute(NFSI), approximately one million people seek treatment each year in the ER due to slip and fall accidents. Many of these incidents occur due to the negligent or careless actions of property owners and their employees. In Boston, a slip and fall accident can occur on commercial property such as grocery stores or banks, on government property such as courthouses or the DMV, or at private residences.
Some of the most common causes of slip and fall injuries include:
- A failure to adequately or promptly clean up spills or leaks
- Not putting up a “wet floor” sign after mopping
- Loose flooring material
- Low lying obstacles or cords in walkways
- Inadequate lighting
- Building entryways that are slippery due to rain or melted snow
Why an Attorney is Necessary For These Cases
Unfortunately, victims of slip and fall accidents in Boston often face uphill battles when going up against well-funded property owners and their insurance carriers. Slip and fall injury victims often lack the resources necessary to conduct a thorough investigation into their case. An attorney will be able to handle every aspect of the case. They will:
- Obtain all evidence necessary to prove liability, including available video or photo surveillance, statements from eyewitnesses, accident reports, and more.
- Gather documents from the property owner related to employee training and safety history.
- Work with trusted medical professionals to ensure the well-being of the victim and to properly calculate their total losses.
- Handle negotiations with every party involved in an effort to obtain maximum compensation for a claim.
- Prepare to take the case to trial if the insurance carrier or at-fault party denies any claim or refuses to offer a fair settlement.
Let Our Team Help You With Your Boston Slip and Fall Today
If you or somebody you love has been injured and a slip and fall incident caused by the negligence of a property owner, let the team at Colucci, Colucci & Marcus, P.C. help you with your case today. Our goal is to secure maximum compensation for your claim, which can include coverage of your:
- Medical expenses
- Out-of-pocket expenses related to the incident
- Lost wages if you cannot work
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of personal enjoyment damages