When parents entrust the safety of their children with daycares, they expect that the health and wellbeing of their children are taken seriously. While they are treated with responsibility in most cases, incompetent daycare centers do exist. Abusive staff, the absence of supervision, and other forms of negligence may result in the injury of a child.
To remedy this, law firms such as Colucci Colucci & Marcus, P.C. have mobilized to protect you and your family’s rights. By offering competitive Boston daycare injury attorneys, we hope to put money in your pocket following an incident that lands your child in the hospital.
Common Sources Of Childcare Injuries In Massachusetts
There are numerous different types of accidents that may occur to a child while under the care of staff in a daycare. These types of accidents are more common than many people believe. Knowing the most common ways that childcare injuries occur could aid in the prevention of such injuries from happening in the first place.
- Abuse from employees at the daycare: Some staff members may have ill intent when supervising children. There have been numerous examples of daycare staff abusing children out of anger and negligence.
- Accidental injury due to products and equipment: From doors to drawers, under-supervised children may experience injury if they are interacting with the environment around them. This may lead to broken fingers, concussions, or sprained ligaments.
- Injuries from other children: In some cases, other kids at the daycare cause injury to their fellow peers. While it is another child that is bringing harm to your kids, it is still the responsibility of the staff to stop serious altercations before they produce serious consequences.
- Falling off of elevated structures: Playground equipment is commonplace for children to fall or become hurt. To avoid this from happening, staff must practice a sufficient amount of supervision to accommodate for the playful nature of children.
What Steps Should I Take Following A Daycare Injury?
There are a couple of steps that are recommended you follow after your child is injured at daycare. These suggestions are designed to protect both your child’s health and your legal rights. Following these steps will give you the best possible chance at securing compensation when we take on your case as the courts often demand numerous examples of proof to assert liability.
- Documenting the injuries your child has sustained should be one of the first things you do. In doing so, you will be able to establish a clear connection between the daycare center your children are attending and the injuries they have sustained.
- Your next step should be finding medical treatment for your child’s injuries. A hospital or other professional healthcare center will be able to properly diagnose and treat your child according to the severity of their wounds.
- Finally, reaching out to a daycare injury attorney will allow you to properly file a claim as your rights entitle you to compensation for the negligent actions of the daycare in question. In the case that your case proceeds to trial, you will have effective legal representation to ensure a seamless legal experience.
Where To Turn For Legal Aid
Colucci Colucci & Marcus, P.C. is an experienced law firm based in eastern Massachusetts that is at the forefront of daycare injury law. We are passionate about personal injury, which is why we hope to fight for your rights in a court of law. By reaching out to a Boston daycare injury attorney, you will get the peace of mind you deserve knowing that your case is being handled hastily. Please call us at 617-917-3917 or click here to receive a free case review and learn about how we are dedicated to your legal success.