24/7 - FREE CONSULTATION: (617)-698-6000
What are you looking for?
Milton Personal Injury Lawyer

Milton Personal Injury Lawyer

Super Lawyers
Multi Million Dollar Advocates Forum
Best Lawyers
Million Dollar Advocates Forum
National Trail Lawyer
Best Law Firm

You cannot prepare for a traumatic injury. But when you have been seriously injured in an accident, there are steps you can take to get through it. When someone else is responsible for causing your injuries, they should be held accountable. Without skilled legal representation, though, getting the compensation you need could be challenging.

The last thing on your mind might be filing a lawsuit or dealing with an insurance company. Have your experienced personal injury attorney at Colucci, Colucci & Marcus, P.C. handle the legal details of your case while you recuperate. Our dedicated Milton personal injury lawyers could investigate the incident, identify the responsible parties, and hold them accountable for the harm they caused you.

When To Call a Personal Injury Attorney

It is not unusual for injury victims in Milton to be unsure of whether to contact an attorney after an accident. There are many different situations in which you might need a personal injury lawyer. Some different types of cases we see most often in Massachusetts civil courts include:

Still, even if you were involved in any of these types of accidents, you may be unsure whether you have grounds for a civil claim. When you are lying in your Beth Israel Deaconess hospital bed, wondering what to do next, ask yourself these two questions:

  1. Is or could someone else be at fault for your injuries?
  2. Has or will your life be seriously affected by your injuries?

If the answer to either of these questions is—or might be—yes, you may have grounds for a Milton personal injury claim. Contacting an attorney is free and could get you the clarity and guidance you need to move forward with your case.

How To Maximize Your Injury Settlement

There is nothing wrong in hoping to get the most out of your personal injury claim in Milton. After everything you have been through, it is normal to want your efforts to be worthwhile. With that in mind, there are a couple of different ways you could maximize your personal injury award.

First, be prepared to file a claim for damages with the insurance company. No matter what type of accident you were involved in, you will likely need to file a claim, whether it be on an auto, malpractice, home, or other type of insurance policy.

Available Damages in a Personal Injury Case

Compensatory damages are divided into two categories: economic damages and non-economic damages.

Economic damages are the out-of-pocket costs of an injury and can include property damage, medical expenses, lost income, and payments for injury-related expenses. Economic damages also could include future losses; for example, if an injury prevents an injured person from returning to work, their diminished future earnings are part of their damages. An attorney can use receipts, invoices, tax returns, and expert projections to gauge the value of these losses.

Non-economic damages are less tangible and account for lost quality of life. Pain, emotional anguish, disability, disfigurement, and lost enjoyment of life can all be compensated for with non-economic damages.

Insurance likely will not be enough to cover your economic and non-economic damages. But you still deserve to be fully compensated for your suffering. Pursuing a Milton personal injury lawsuit against the liable party could be your best chance at recovering maximum compensation.

Take Prompt Legal Action After an Accident

The statute of limitations determines how long an injured person has to file a claim. Failing to file on time could leave someone unable to recover any compensation at all. Involving an attorney as soon as possible after an injury to ensure all legal deadlines are met is always a good idea.

Massachusetts General Laws Ch. 260 § 2A gives an injured person three years after getting hurt to file suit. When the injured person is 17 or younger when they get hurt, a parent or guardian has the option to sue on their behalf. However, if a parent or guardian does not sue or settle a claim within three years, the injured minor plaintiff has three years from their 18th birthday to file a lawsuit.

Work With a Milton Personal Injury Lawyer

Have you suffered severe injuries due to someone else’s negligence? Make the at-fault party pay. Get help from a respected Milton personal injury attorney at Colucci, Colucci & Marcus, P.C.

We proudly offer free case assessments to injury victims and accident survivors across Milton and surrounding cities. Reach out today to discuss your case with a skilled attorney.