While going to the dentist may not be anybody’s favorite thing to do, the reality is that oral and dental care is incredibly important for our health. Unfortunately, there are times when dentists and other oral health experts make mistakes. When this happens, dental patients can suffer from significant injuries and immense pain and suffering. At Colucci, Colucci & Marcus, P.C., we are here to help if you need a Boston dental malpractice attorney by your side. Our team will investigate every aspect of your claim, determine liability, and help secure any compensation you may be entitled to.
How Does Boston Dental Malpractice Occur?
In order for any type of malpractice claim to be successful, including a dental malpractice claim, a patient needs to show that any injury they sustained was caused by substandard care on the part of the dentist or health professional. There are various ways that dental mistakes can be made, and the Boston attorneys at Colucci, Colucci & Marcus, P.C. have experience investigating the following:
- Improper tooth extraction: Pulling a tooth may be a common dental procedure, but the reality is that this is also a permanent condition for a patient. If a tooth is pulled incorrectly, or if the dentist pulls the wrong tooth, this is essentially a permanent injury for a dental patient. These errors can occur due to a simple mistake made by a dentist at the time of extraction or because of a misrepresentation of an X-Ray.
- Misdiagnosis: Dental professionals make diagnoses on a regular basis related to oral health. However, just like any other medical professional, a dentist can make misdiagnose. A misdiagnosis will occur if a dentist incorrectly identifies or even fails to identify a patient’s condition that requires immediate medical care. Additionally, a misdiagnosis of a non-emergency condition could also result in unnecessary dental procedures being performed.
- Improper anesthesia administration: Anesthesia is a critical component of many dental procedures because it allows for patients to undergo operations without feeling any pain. However, anesthesia is a powerful medication that must be administered properly. Dentists and oral health professionals must remain attentive during any procedure and be prepared to handle adverse reactions caused by anesthesia.
- Failing to recommend additional treatment: Dentists are fully trained medical professionals, and they are often the first person to recognize that a patient may be suffering from a severe medical condition beyond their oral health. If a dentist recognizes a patient’s condition that needs further medical care but fails to refer them to another medical professional, this could be considered malpractice.
Call A Boston Dental Malpractice Lawyer Today
If you or somebody you care about has been injured due to a mistake made by a dentist or other dental health professional, speak to a medical malpractice attorney as soon as possible. At Colucci, Colucci & Marcus, P.C., we pledged to conduct a complete investigation in your case so we can obtain the compensation you need at this moment. This can include:
- Coverage of any medical bills related to the dental error
- The cost of any necessary reconstructive surgery
- Compensation for any needed dental implants
- Lost income if you cannot work while recovering
- Pain and suffering damages
- Loss of enjoyment of life damages
When you need a Boston dental malpractice attorney, you can contact us for a free consultation of your case by clicking here or by calling 617-917-3917.